bohopomo
i like music

Blink The Blood From Your Weary Eyes

By Little Steve



Welcome one and all. So after seeing Van She last night, not only was I inspired to do another blog, but I was also driven to take a long hard look at myself. And what I saw was not pretty.
Let me set the scene: flashing lights barely illuminating the multi-layered space, fuzzy bass vibrating the glass in my hand and trashy boys and girls stumbling on and around me with an unhealthy helping of oral exploration attached to most.
This was followed by several broken glasses and beer bottles being dropped and spraying all over my fun-filled pants...trying to drown out the excitement held within. And I let it! Once more I was a cranky old man, leaving the disco-kids to enjoy their booze and bass. Maybe I got old before my time? Although, my romp through til the arse-crack of dawn on wednesday morning may suggest otherwise.
ENOUGH! Time for some music :)

Ladytron
What shall you be given? Well I had to review my standing on Ladytron recently because it seems the boredom I felt with some of their other releases has given way to fascination with the new release. It's dark, electronic and briefly brooding. And there are a couple of tracks I like to play over and again. Have a listen.

Ladytron - Runaway

Ladytron - Predict The Day

Late of The Pier
Other amazingness comes from the Nottingham lads know as Late Of The Pier. It's so fantastic to see a band from their beginnings and watch them create something as awesome as their new album Fantasy Black Channel. Not sure when it's being released over here, but will probably be soon cos we've been getting EPs and stuff from them lately. Every song changes in so many great ways, it's hard for me to even choose the tracks to put up for you. Here goes nothing!

Late Of The Pier - Broken

Late Of The Pier - The Bears Are Coming

Late Of The Pier - Focker

The Fashion
I'm not sure if I've chatted about The Fashion before, but I should have. Their single, Like Knives, was a pretty fun rockventure and they've followed it up with a pretty darn cool album. These Danish kids switch between indiegasms and slower, funked up tunes like the one I will put up.

The Fashion - Like Knives

The Fashion - Solo Impala

The Black Ghosts
One of my dear friends, Simon Lord, has obviously been having a grand old time with his new incarnation The Black Ghosts. Unfortunately I missed their shows when they were over here, but then I ran into him at a cafe in Sydney. SO random, but awesome to see him again. I got myself a copy of the album and it's better than I expected. I love love the new single (helps that Damon Albarn is singing!) and there are so many other tracks that keep me listening to the album all the way through. Something that i'm finding harder and harder these days. Anyway (you choose to give it), take a listen!

The Black Ghosts - Repetition Kills You

The Black Ghosts - I Don't Know

The Black Ghosts - Don't Cry

Black Kids
And yes these kids are doing well over in the UK I think. The Black Kids album Partie Traumatic is quite a cool little collection. I didn't get the hype of their first single, but I do have some fun listening to some of the tracks. Not something I put on repeat though.

Black Kids - Partie Traumatic

Black Kids - Listen To Your Body Tonight

I think I'm spent. Time for singstar?
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?