bohopomo
i like music

Welcome, Ghosts

Category: , , , , By Jac


Hello everyone who reads this blog, my name is Jac and shall be joining forces with Steve in becoming conceited internet bloggers. Anyways, let's commence..

Danger Radio.
Whilst overseas the past couple of months I only really made it to one gig which is really disappointing. But luckily enough out of the 4 bands that played at the Ft Lauderdale leg of the Pac Tour, one really impressed me and they are known as Danger Radio. Hailing from Washington in the USA they play a style of music that I can only describe as dancing music, but it's not dance music.
They currently have their 'Punch Your Lights Out' EP in circulation, but honestly it sounds really average since the production is so uninspired it just makes the songs sound boring when they are indeed fantastic. With an album due mid this year I can only hope they get a decent producer to handle the project so it doesn't bore everyone to death. I can tell people will complain about the lead singers voice since it's very P!ATD-esque but for some reason I can handle it with the music it's with.


Danger Radio - Keep It Up



Cutting Pink With Knives.
From London, this band has a pretty different sound, mixing 80s disco electro sounds with loud fast 'rara' music, which I am not even going to try and put into a genre considering all the debating over what is what these days.
All I can say is that their album 'Populuxxe' has a really awesome sound with music that's loud fast angry and then dancy. I'm upping their song 'Laser Hannon', which is a pretty good example of what they sound like, even if it's a bit toned down compared to their other songs.

Cutting Pink With Knives - Laser Hannon


Chicka Chicka Yeah!

 

1 comment so far.

  1. Little Steve February 7, 2008 at 4:22 PM
    Hi jac! Thanks for the post, i will check out the songs when i'm on my comp at home which has a speed faster than a sliding sloth.

Something to say?